BTCL is a research and development company specialising in optimising the performance of the microorganisms, scale-up and
enhancing microbial production of high value chemicals through selected evolution and pathway enhancement techniques.
- To produce biofuel and fine chemicals by developing technologies which lead to a cleaner environment and waste
- To produce biofuels, value-added products and feed supplements from agro-industrial wastes
- To develop technologies with safer bacteria (thermophilic, i.e. high temperature growing bacteria which cannot propagate at human and
animal body temperatures)
- BTCL has a large and versatile library of thermophilic bacteria for its industrial bioprocesses
Current State of the Technologies
- BTCL has screened and developed bacteria and has optimised the bio-processes for the production of biofuel (bioethanol) and lactic acid
production at laboratory and pilot scales
- BTCL is optimising the biofuel and fine chemical production bioprocesses from various agro-industrial wastes, such as municipal solid
waste, sugar cane bagasse, sugar and alcohol industries residues.
- BTCL is optimising its feed supplements bioprocesses at lab and pilot scales
- BTCL is modelling its bioprocesses with a dedicated process modelling software
- BTCL is working with partners to take its technologies to the next level.
- BTCL has recently carried out an IP audit on its technologies and is in a process of filing its first patent
- BTCL continued its R&D activity smoothly, despite the COVID-19 pandemic
To speed up taking its technologies to the market quickly and realise commercialisation, BTCL is looking for partners and